OKLAHOMA CITY, OK (December 21, 2022) — The best of the best are gearing up to lock horns at Guthrie’s Lazy E Arena Jan. 12-15, when the top 15 cowboys and cowgirls in the International Professional Rodeo Association (IPRA) are saddling up in hopes of claiming a world championship title at the 53rd Annual International Finals Rodeo, presented by Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores.
The greatest show on dirt kicks off January 12-15 at the Lazy E Arena in Guthrie.
FOUR IFR PERFORMANCES
|THURSDAY||JANUARY 12, 2023||7:30 PM (ct)|
|FRIDAY||JANUARY 13, 2023||7:30 PM (ct)|
|SATURDAY||JANUARY 14, 2023||7:30 PM (ct)|
|SUNDAY||JANUARY 15, 2023||2:00 pm|
*KIDS DAY 12:00-1:30 PM (ct)
Rodeo fans will have the chance to watch the top rodeo athletes in the IPRA from the U.S., Canada and Brazil, all vie for world championship titles in eight action-packed events including: bull riding, bareback and saddle bronc riding, tie-down roping, steer wrestling, team roping and cowgirls barrel racing and breakaway roping.
PLUS MORE FUN
In addition to the great rodeo action, the week of festivities includes:
- 2023 Miss Rodeo USA Pageant
- Gold Buckle Gala
- Contract Acts Showcase. Saturday, January 14, 1PM
Enjoy watching 30 performers in the comedy and dress act categories vie for prizes and bragging rights. Three places will be paid in each category: Announcer, Dress Act, Comedy Act, Barrelman & Bullfighter categories. In addition, first place in EACH category will receive one trophy buckle. A guaranteed great time!
- The IFR Bucking Stock Sale will be held at 9AM Jan. 8-9 at Lazy E Arena
- OG&E Kids Day is a fan favorite and takes place Sunday, January 15. Beginning two hours prior to the Championship Sunday performance, children are invited to go into the arena to interact with rodeo athletes, play games and experience the best of the west. Special activities include a meet and greet with the IFR and Miss Rodeo USA Contestants. Doors open at noon.
- An IFR Shopportunity: Not only can fans catch some of the best rodeo talent, but they will also find the best western fashion at the IFR Trade Show held in the arena concourse prior to each rodeo performance. Vendors range from horse tack to western wear and apparel.
The International Professional Rodeo Association (IPRA) has been providing rodeo excitement and excellence for over 60 years. From big cities to small towns, from major league stadiums to portable arenas, the IPRA is the sport’s second largest professional rodeo association sanctioning almost 400 rodeos.
The IPRA has a membership base of more than 3,700 members who are keeping the spirit of the west alive from coast to coast throughout the United States and Canada.
COURTESY OF IFR TO TENN TEXAS MEDIA