Making an impactful entrance with two prior albums and prominent singles like “Where I Find God,” Tennessee-native Larry Fleet today releases his third offering of relatable songwriting on Earned It, in a way that only those who’ve lived it could.
“COUNTRY MUSIC TRUTH-TELLER”PEOPLE
born into generations of laborers, working hard for what you have is foundational and written all over the robust 21-song collection.
Produced by Joey Moi, the collection is an ode to blue-collar joy and pain – what matters most: family, resilience, the life you build day by day.
I love getting to play music and write songs, but there are still days when I ride by a job site and see some ol’ boy on an excavator and I’m like, “Man, I remember that,’”
“You work hard every day. You build something with your hands, and when you’re done you’ve got something to look at and you’re proud of that.”Larry FLEET
On the record, Fleet collaborated with esteemed storytellers Connie Rae Harrington, Luke Laird, Jesse Frasure, and Brett Tyler, while stepping into new territory and cutting outside songs for the very first time from titans like Craig Wiseman, Rodney Clawson, Jessie Jo Dillon, Michael Hardy, Ashley Gorley, and more.
Tracks like anthemic “Things I Take For Granted” capture the spirit of the gratitude-filled project. The soulful crooner previously released songs from the album including the title-track, “Lucky Dog,” “Ain’t Mad at Jesus,” and “Much To Talk About,” as well as earlier releases “Young Buck,” “Layaway,” “Try Texas,” and “Daddy Don’t Drink”
“exquisitely written and sung with conviction.”MUSIC ROW
“I’m growing, I’m getting older. We all are. But I’m here now and I’m really loving where I’m at. I’m blessed and happy with my life.”LARRY FLEET
EARNED IT TRACKLIST
1. Earned It (Larry Fleet, Connie Rae Harrington)
2. Lucky Dog (Zach Abend, Smith Ahnquist, Michael Hardy)
3. Ain’t Mad At Jesus (Larry Fleet, Josh Miller, Jake Mitchell)
4. 25-8 (Casey Beathard, Nicolette Hayford, Jim Wolf)
5. Things I Take For Granted (Larry Fleet, Rocky Block, Jordan Dozzi, Brett Tyler)
6. Lord Willing (Larry Fleet, Will Bundy, Brett Tyler)
7. Two Beer Plan (Larry Fleet, Thomas Archer, Ryan Beaver, Mark Holman)
8. Taking The Long Way (Larry Fleet, Will Bundy, Brett Tyler)
9. Something He’d Say (Larry Fleet, Josh Thompson, Jake Mitchell)
10. Beer Needs A Beer (Larry Fleet, Brett Tyler, Logan Wall)
11. There’s A Waylon (Steve Moakler, Joseph Patton, Logan Wall)
12. Angels Were Gone (Rodney Clawson, Jessie Jo Dillon, Joybeth Taylor)
13. Try Texas (Jake Mitchell, Larry Fleet, James McNair)
14. Tennessee On You (Rocky Block, John Byron, Jacob Durrett, Ashley Gorley)
15. Muddy Water (Larry Fleet, Jesse Frasure, Brett Tyler)
16. Devil Music (Jessie Jo Dillon, Neil Mason, Brett Tyler)
17. Layaway (Larry Fleet, Mark Trussell, Josh Miller)
18. Much To Talk About (Tommy Cecil, Jordan Dozzi, Craig Wiseman)
19. Grow (Rodney Clawson, Josh Miller, Dallas Wilson)
20. Daddy Don’t Drink (Larry Fleet, Derek Bahr, Luke Laird)
21. Young Buck (Andy Albert, John Byron, Devin Dawson, Jacob Durrett)
ABOUT LARRY FLEET
Tennessee-born troubadour Larry Fleet grew up on a stack of records spanning Merle Haggard, Otis Redding, Willie Nelson, and Marvin Gaye.
A thoughtful songwriter with a knack for a one-liner, an ear for a sturdy hook, and a powerhouse voice that strikes like a match, Fleet was working blue-collar jobs to make ends meet long before landing his recording contract with Big Loud Records.
Six years in, the devout family man is turning heads among fans and critics with albums full of soon-to-be-classics; 2021’s tribute to the music that raised him, Stack of Records, his aptly titled 2019 debut, Workin’ Hard, and his third effort, Earned It, out today.
“If you’re looking for the future of traditional country music, then look no further than…Larry Fleet.”SAVING COUNTRY MUSIC
A road-tested live show standout, Fleet wrapped 2022 with his first-ever headline One For The Road Tour, following up crowd-winning opening slots supporting Darius Rucker, Willie Nelson, Jamey Johnson, Jon Pardi, and many more.
He just extended his current headlining run, Larry Fleet Live, including a sold-out night at Nashville’s Ryman Auditorium.
UPCOMING TOUR DATES
Sept. 9 – Chattanooga, Tenn. – Moon River Music Festival
Sept. 22 – Nashville, Tenn. – Ryman Auditorium
Sept. 23 – Indianapolis, Ind. – Hi-Fi
Sept. 28 – Huntington, N.Y. – The Paramount
Sept. 29 – Montclair, N.J. – The Wellmont Theater
Sept. 30 – Norfolk, Va. – The NorVa
Oct. 1 – Ashland, Ky. – FoxFire Music & Arts Festival
Oct. 13 – Huntsville, Ala. – Mars Music Hall
Oct. 14 – Lake Charles, La. – Grand Event Center
Oct. 19 – Royal Oak, Mich. – Royal Oak Music Theatre
Oct. 20 – Fort Wayne, Ind. – Clyde Theatre
Oct. 21 – Cleveland, Ohio – Agora Theater & Ballroom
Oct. 26 – Kansas City, Mo. – The Truman
Oct. 27 – Rosemont, Ill. – Joe’s Live
Oct. 28 – Minneapolis, Minn. – Uptown Theater
Nov. 2 – Mobile, Ala. – Soul Kitchen Music Hall
Nov. 3 – Orlando, Fla. – House of Blues Orlando
CONNECT WITH LARRY FLEET