CMA has announced the recipients of the 2021 CMA Broadcast Awards. Country Music star and two-time CMA Awards nominee this year, Carly Pearce surprised radio stations and broadcast personalities today with individual calls to reveal the news. The CMA Broadcast Personality of the Year category was split into two new categories this year, Weekly National and Daily National.
CMA Awards 2021, Country Music’s Biggest Night™, will air live from Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Wednesday, Nov. 10 at 8/7c on ABC.
See below for the full list of 2021 CMA Broadcast Awards winners.
CMA BROADCAST PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR:
- “Country Countdown USA” (Lon Helton) – Westwood One
- “CMT After Midnite” (Cody Alan) – Premiere Networks
- “Double-L” (Lois Lewis) – KNIX, Phoenix, Ariz.
- “Ridder, Scott and Shannen” (“Ridder” Shaun Ridderbush, Scott Dolphin, and Shannen Oesterreich) – WMIL, Milwaukee-Racine, Wis.
- “Mo & StyckMan” (“Mo” Melissa Wagner and “StyckMan” Greg Owens) – WUSY, Chattanooga, Tenn.
- “Steve, Ben and Nikki” (Steve Stroud, Ben Walker, and Nikki Thomas) – WXBQ, Johnson City-Kingsport-Bristol, Tenn.-Va.
CMA RADIO STATION OF THE YEAR
- KYGO – Denver-Boulder, Colo.
- WUBE – Cincinnati, Ohio
- KUZZ – Bakersfield, Calif.
KCLR – Columbia, Mo.
The categories are established by market size based on population as ranked by Nielsen. Entries for Broadcast Personality of the Year are judged on aircheck, ratings, community involvement and biographical information. Candidates for Radio Station of the Year are judged on aircheck, ratings, community involvement and format leadership.
CMA members who are full-time, on-air personalities and CMA member radio stations in the United States and Canada were eligible to submit entries. The entries are judged by a panel of distinguished broadcast professionals, representing all market sizes and regions.
CMA Broadcast Awards winners are not eligible to enter the same award category in consecutive years; therefore, those who received trophies in 2020 were not eligible in 2021.